Folk Arts deserve a place in the new National Cultural Policy – Have your say!
The new Federal Government is currently inviting interested individuals and organisations to take part in a consultation process to inform a new National Cultural Policy.
The Folk Federation of NSW intends to lodge a submission on behalf of our Folk Community. We believe it is important for FOLK to be represented. Christine Wheeler has been leading the FolkFed team.
View our draft submission HERE
See below for information from the Office for the Arts. Before we submit our final draft FFNSW would value your ideas and suggestions. To make a contribution please use the “submit a comment” section below.
The policy will be launched later this year. As a starting-point, consultation will be shaped around the 5 goals of the Creative Australia policy launched in 2013. These have been distilled into the following pillars for the purpose of consultation:
- First Nations first: recognising and respecting the crucial place of these stories at the centre of our arts and culture.
- A place for every story: reflecting the diversity of our stories and the contribution of all Australians as the creators of culture.
- The centrality of the artist: supporting the artist as worker and celebrating their role as the creators of culture.
- Strong institutions: providing support across the spectrum of institutions which sustain our arts and culture.
- Reaching the audience: ensuring our stories reach the right people at home and abroad.