PARTICIPATORY ACTIVITIES GUIDE
FolkFedNSW's FolkMail is a weekly "what's on" reminder of events happening around our NSW folk community. It goes out on a Sunday evening and covers events for one week (Mon - Sun). FolkMail is compiled by Wayne Richmond. Send contributions to email@example.com
Guide to creating items for inclusion in FolkMail: Wayne likes to start working on each edition on Saturday morning if not Friday. Please send separate emails for each edition of Folkmail and include the date/s in the subject. You may also like to attach an image. If full details are available elsewhere then your FolkMail entry should only be a brief summary with a link to the details.
This page also lists regular participatory folk activities that happen across NSW and includes singing sessions and choirs, music groups and sessions and dance activities.
The listings below are divided into Regional NSW and Greater Sydney and are in alphabetical order. All are current at the time of posting or, as informed directly to FolkFedNSW by the organisers. Contact details and / or links to websites should enable you to find out more up-to-date information. An easy way to check what's coming up is to visit our Events Page as this will also include, folk clubs, tours and one off events and activities happening throughout the state. You can search events by region and / or type of activity making it easy to find what you're looking for.
If you would like to add or update a listing please send the details or corrections by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Regular Participatory Folk Activities Thoughout NSW
SINGING SESSIONS AND CHOIRS:
- Bush Music Club Music & Song Session: Every Mon 7:00pm Hutt 44, Addison Road Community Centre, Marrickville - John Burch 0411 195 088
- Marrickville Shanty Club: 2nd Tuesday each month 8:00pm, The Gasoline Pony, 115 Marrickville Rd, Marrickville - Email Dan: email@example.com
- Redfern Shanty Club: Every Mon night 8:30pm The Dock, 182 Redfern St, Redfern - Email Bod: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Songlines Singing & Poetry Circle: 2nd Sunday each month 6-9pm Australian Heritage Hotel, The Rocks - Diana: 0438 200 499
MUSIC GROUPS AND SESSIONS:
- Bush Traditions Session: 1st Fri each month 7:30pm Goulburn Club, Goulburn - David: 02 4884 4214
- Dubbo Acoustic Music DAMjam: 2nd Sunday each month 2:30-5:30pm - More info: 0147 697 273
- Bush Music Club Slow Session: Every Mon 5:30pm Hutt 44, Addison Road Community Centre, Marrickville - John Burch 0411 195 088
- Marrickville Music Group: 1st Wed each month 11:00am (Feb - Dec) Addison Road Community Centre, Marrickville - Sharyn 0459 146 185
Sydney Scottish Session: 4th Sunday each month, Surry Hills - email: email@example.com
Toongabbie Music Club: 7:30pm 2nd & 4th Friday each month & 11am 3rd Wednesday Northmead Scouts Hall 17 Whitehaven Road, Northmead - Allen: 02 9639 7494
Trad Irish Session: Every Fri night (unless club is otherwise booked) from 6pm Gaelic Club 1/64 Devonshire St Surry Hills
- Central Coast Bush Dance: 2nd Sat (most months) 7:30pm - Robyn: 02 4344 6484
- Beecroft Bush Dance: 1st Sat each month (depending on hall availability) Beecroft Community Centre, Beecroft Rd - Wilma: 0413 673 339
- Keith Wood - Dance Workshops: 3rd Sun each month 2:15pm (Feb - Nov) Upper Hall, Pennant Hills Community Centre, 70 Yarrara Rd, Pennant Hills.
- Pennant Hills Dance Workshops: Every Mon night 7:30pm Pennant Hills Community Centre, 70 Yarrara Rd, Pennant Hills - Wilma 0413 673 339
- Playford Dancing: 1st Tues each month 7:30pm (Feb - Dec) Addison Road Community Centre, Marrickville - Julie: 02 9524 0247
LOVE FOLK AS MUCH AS WE DO!
Make sure you're Folk Fed
DONATE NOW AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE
You can support the Folk Music and Related Arts Sector by making a donation to the Folk Federation through our tax deductible public fund. Help us to make a difference by contributing to the promotion, preservation and development of the folk arts in NSW.