A free, light-hearted, folky, acoustic concert/cabaret . . .
Loosely Woven is a community based group of people who put together and perform two to three new shows each year. Loosely Woven is the main reason Gial and I bought the former Allambie Heights Uniting Church and established Humph Hall in the first place.
The concert will feature 18 instrumentalists and singers.
The program features a number of well known songs including
- All I have to do is dream (The Everly Brothers)
- And this is my beloved (from ‘Kismet’)
- Helpless (Neil Young)
- Let it go (from ‘Frozen’)
- And so it goes (Billy Joel)
- Crocodile Rock (Elton John)
- Ombra Mai Fu (from Handel’s ‘Xerxes’)
- Please Mister Postman (The Beatles)
Some lesser known songs:
- Malaika (a Swahili song)
- Wellerman (New Zealand folksong)
- Don’t mess with my Toot Toot (fun American song)
- Far from home (beautiful song by Graham Moore – from his ‘Toldpuddle Martyrs’ musical)
- Stop Burning Coal (Climate change action words set to Anna Smyrk’s wonderful ‘Home’ song)
- The Olive Tree (traditional Chinese song)
- Wired & Awake (gorgeous song by the amazing Rachel Collis)
- You’d be surprised! (an hilarious duet made famous by Boris Karloff & Rosemary Clooney)
Instruments this time will include violins, viola, flute, saxophone, clarinet, harp, mandolin, harmonium, accordion, concertina, guitars, ukuleles, keyboard and percussion.