A free, light-hearted, folky, Christmassy acoustic concert/cabaret featuring 20 instrumentalists and singers.
Loosely Woven is a community based group of people who put together and perform two to three new shows each year.
This year the ‘Christmas Concert’ will, for once, be just that – almost every item is related to Christmas. But you shouldn’t expect anything like your local ‘Carols by Candlelight’. For one thing, scattered throughout the concert will be a number of carols based on arrangements done by Winsome Evans for The Renaissance Players.
See the audience program.
There will be a number of well known carols/Christmas songs including
- Away in a manger (Trad. Normandy tune)
- The Christmas Song (Nat King Cole)
- In the bleak midwinter (Gustav Holst)
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Panis Angelicus
- Happy Christmas (War is over) (John Lennon)
- The First Nowell (with a stunning flute instrumental)
- Santa Baby (Marilyn Monroe)
- O Holy Night
- Silent Night (stunningly beautiful Renaissance Players arrangement)
Some lesser known carols/songs:
- Panxolina (a Spanish carol)
- Job & Job’s Gygge
- The Rebel Jesus (Jackson Browne)
- All in the morning
- Rudolph the Hoofer (Minnie the Moocher parody)
And a few fun items:
- Fairy (based on Rod Stewart’s ‘Sailing’)
- Santa Claus is coming to town (with three Santas!)
- Grandma got run over by a reindeer
Instruments this time will include violins, viola, cellos, flute, clarinet, harp, glockenspiel, guitars, keyboard and percussion.