- This event has passed.
Lullaby (Loosely Woven) at Humph Hall
August 31 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
One event on August 31, 2019 at 6:00 pm
A free, light-hearted, folky, acoustic concert/cabaret . . .
Loosely Woven is a community based group of people who put together and perform two to three new shows each year. Loosely Woven is the main reason Gial and I bought the former Allambie Heights Uniting Church and established Humph Hall in the first place.
‘Lullaby’ is the second concert for 2019. There will be 9 public performances including two here at Humph Hall. See the Loosely Woven web site for details of all performances.
The concert will feature 17 instrumentalists and singers.
The ‘all new’ program includes lots of well-known songs:
- Blame it on the Bossa Nova
- One Kiss
- A man without love
- Devil Woman
- Fields of Gold
- Ain’t he sweet
- Route 66
- Just an old fashioned girl
- Mr Sandman
Some songs which address social injustice and other important issues such as climate change:
Some lesser known but fabulous songs:
- Take me home (The Topp Twins)
- Songs of home (Celtic Thunder)
- I have a dream (Nana Mouskouri)
- Lullaby (Ben Caplan)
- Kiss from a rose (Seal)
- I think its gonna rain today (Dusty Springfield)
- No Matter What (Andrew Lloyd Webber)
- Breaking up with Queensland’, Sammy J’s hilarious take on Queensland’s role in the recent Federal election
- Way over yonder in the minor key (Woody Guthrie)
Instruments this time will include violins, flute, harp, melodicas, glockenspiel, harmonium, accordion, concertina, guitars, ukuleles, keyboard and percussion.