- This event has passed.
FOLK FED PICNIC Sunday 17th June Parramatta Park (Garraway Picnic Area)
June 17, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
The Folk Federation is holding a picnic for members and their friends at the Garraway picnic area in Parramatta Park. (see map below)
17th. June 201811.30 – 4.00B.Y.O. food and drink
- A small BBQ is available (approx. 1200 mm wide)
- Toilets are close by.
- Children’s play area about 100 metres away
- There is wheelchair access to the site and parking is available in the park close to the picnic area. This may be limited later in the day. If so you could exit at the nearby car entrance (or in this case exit) and park outside the park.
- It is a short walk from Westmead station along Railway Pde.(see map below)
- There is no electricity available so bring acoustic instruments and a billy for tea or coffee.
- As an added bonus it will be Henry Lawson’s Birthday so something to celebrate. Imagine Henry under a nearby tree.
from the “Sweeney” by H. Lawson
He was born in Parramatta, and he said, with humour grim,
That he’d like to see the city ere the liquor finished him,
But he couldn’t raise the money. He was damned if he could think
What the Government was doing. Here he offered me a drink.