- This event has passed.
Fly Away (Loosely Woven)
March 10, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
A free, light-hearted, folky, acoustic concert/cabaret . . .
Loosely Woven is a community based group of people who put together and perform two to three new shows each year. ‘Fly Away’ is the first concert for 2018. There will be 8 performances including two at Humph Hall. The concert will feature 21 instrumentalists and singers.
- Phyl Lobl’s classic exploration of Australian racism, ‘Dark-eyed Daughter’
- Pete Morton’s powerful ‘Another Train’
- Two of Graeme Moore’s songs about the Tolpuddle Martyrs
- Jackson Browne’s challenging song ‘The Rebel Jesus’
- Holly Near’s equally challenging song ‘I ain’t afraid’ which condemns the atrocities done in the name of religion
- Rosie Lister’s ‘No one stands alone’
- Judy Small’s celebration of women over the generations, ‘Women of our time’
- Ruby Tuesday (The Rolling Stones)
- Flame Trees (Jimmy Barnes)
- Mustang Sally (Wilson Pickett)
- After the gold rush (Neil Young)
- I’ll fly away (from ‘O Brother, Where Art Thou?’)
- O can ye sew cushions? (trad. Scottish)
- May Night on the Mountains (Henry Lawson)
- Rose of Allendale (trad. Irish)
- Four Strong Winds
- Somos el barco
- Tom Lehrer’s hilarious ‘The Irish Ballad’
CORONAVIRUS / COVID-19 UPDATE
Please note that any of the events listed above may change or be CANCELLED at short notice. The status may not always be updated in time on this website. Where possible please check phone numbers, email or booking and Facebook links provided. Please ensure you comply with current government and health guidelines when attending live events.